June 8, 2009

Best Grilled Pork Chops

I can't get enough of grilled food in the summertime. This time of year just begs for the grill to be used. Also, I love the black stripy lines and the charred black bits that develop on grilled food. Some say that black stuff can cause cancer, but I say pish-posh...it is DELICIOUS!!! (Pesky, know-it-all, medical experts trying to ruin everyone's fun.)
I was thinking about making my standard Jen's Double Breaded Pork Chop recipe tonight, but I changed my mind in lieu of some grilled food instead. What can I say, I like to shake things up now and again. I found this easy recipe on RecipeZaar and decided to go with it. I think I will serve some of my Jen's Glazed Carrots and baked (really microwaved) potatoes with this dish.

Best Grilled Pork Chops
Adapted from: recipezaar.com/Recipe #27210 by Kate in Ontario

Ingredients:
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
3 Tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 bone-in pork chops

Directions:
In deep bowl mix all marinade ingredients.Marinate at least 2 hours.
When time is up, remove chops from marinade. Cook over medium heat on greased grill about 15 minutes or until cooked through, depending on thickness of chops.



The Result:
These chops were just okay; but I don't think it was the recipe that was the issue. Our grill was funky-too hot or too cold, I am not sure which-so these did not get done as well as I would have liked. I didn't get my grill marks, and one of the chops had to go back on the grill because it was raw on one part. Weird. I am not sure what happened because the coals seemed really hot. Also, I just don't think we were in the grilling "zone" last night. The meat looked like it was done properly, but it just wasn't. The marinade was tasty, but similar to another recipe I have that I like much better. I think this recipe would have been more successful, had we been able to grill the chops properly.

No comments: