June 21, 2009

Karen's Mock Onion Potatoes

Claire's mom made some yummy potatoes while we were in San Diego, but I forgot to ask her for the recipe. I decided to try and fake my way through her dish to get a similar result. I must say, I did pretty well! I am ridiculously pleased with myself, since what I threw together ended up being fairly close to her original potato dish. Either way, these potatoes ended up being good accompaniment to Karen's Pesto Salmon recipe. I will be making this recipe again soon!

Karen's Mock Onion Potatoes

Ingredients:
Cooking Spray
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
6 Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into disks
1/2 cup of sour cream OR Greek-style plain yogurt
1/2 packet of dry onion soup mix
1/4 cup of milk
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish and set aside. In a large bowl, combine potatoes with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix to combine. In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, milk, and onion soup mix. Stir until well mixed. Pour onion soup/sour cream mixture over potatoes in the large bowl. Stir until all potatoes are well coated. Pour all of the potato mixture into the greased casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake for 1/2 hour. After 1/2 hour is up, take foil off and bake for an additional 1/2 hour. Remove from oven, and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!



The Result:
Here is the photo of both recipes. Served with our standard side salad, this was a very satisfying dinner. We loved this meal!

No comments: