June 14, 2009

Lemon-Orange Orange Roughy & Creamy Parmesan Orzo

We are going to an outdoor concert tonight with some friends. We had the option of packing a picnic, or eating dinner early and bringing snacks. After much consideration (read: debating on what I could take for a picnic that does not involve chicken of some kind...we have had a lot of chicken lately), I decided to make an early dinner. I had fish slated for tonight, but I wanted to try something new with it. I found this dish on allrecipes.com and it seemed to be the easiest, with the best reviews. I think I will serve this dish with some steamed veggies, orzo, and a side salad. This meal should come together pretty fast, and be fairly light. I am looking forward to our fun evening, and it will be much more enjoyable with dinner out of the way.

Lemon-Orange Orange Roughy
Adapted from: Allrecipes.com/SUBMITTED BY: Brian Ehrler

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 (4 ounce) fillets orange roughy
1/4 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
salt to taste

Directions:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange fillets in the skillet, and drizzle with orange juice and lemon juice. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.

******************************************

Here is my orzo recipe, that was originally from Cooking Light via Claire. It is tasty and quick to come together. This is probably my favorite way to prepare orzo!

Creamy Parmesan Orzo

Yum! Yum! Yum!



The Result:
This is a recipe that I will make again and again. It was incredibly easy-the whole process took me about 5 minutes-and the taste was excellent! I think the sauce would work with any white fish (tilapia, mahi mahi, etc.) and I loved that the flavors packed a citrus punch. It was quite satisfying! Fast and healthy...this recipe filled both requirements with ease. It was perfect summer food!

No comments: