My little guy got a new, hand-made apron from his honorary grandmother, Gaga. I promised him that we would make cookies this weekend so that he could try it out. Every morning since he got his new apron he has asked "is today cookie day?". Really, how can I refuse??? I perused Recipezaar.com and came up with these babies. I had everything on hand for them, and the reviews were excellent. They are very similar to Snickerdoodles, and are the perfect texture of crisp edges and chewy centers. So far, I have eaten 5 of them straight off the cooling rack (I am pretty certain that they are laced with crack)...(self control has never been my strongest attribute).
From:RecipeZaar.com-recipe #48241/By: PetesNina
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Extra cinnamon sugar mixture for topping
1. In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. Add to butter mixture.
4. Blend well.
5. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls.
6. Shape dough into small balls about 3/4-inch in diameter.
7. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
8. Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
9. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.
10.Cool slightly on pans for about 1 minute, then remove to racks to cool completely. Sprinkle tops with additional cinnamon sugar mixture, if desired.
These cookies are easy and delicious; they certainly lived up to all the hype from the reviews. Best of all "Mommy's Star Helper" loved helping me make them!