July 4, 2009

Leftovers

I know leftovers are kinda lame for 4th of July, but we have soooo much food in our fridge. I think we will make a meal of leftovers, and then go see some fireworks tonight. I am looking forward to a no-stress cooking day.

I did end up making Pioneer Woman's Hot Olive Artichoke Dip yesterday, and it was fabulous. I did not get a photo for myself, but the pics on her website are nicer anyway. (See previous post for recipe link.) All in all, we had burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and pickled cucumbers. I made some caramelized onions to top our burgers, and my mother in law brought a yummy banana pudding for dessert. Overall, we had a great time, and I am happy that we have enough food leftover to not have to worry about dinner tonight! Hooray!!!

Happy Independence Day, everyone!!!

No comments: