July 18, 2009

Dinner Out x2

On Friday night, the husband and I decided that we were going to have a family dinner out. It is a rare treat for us to eat in a restaurant, so I was pretty excited. After my nieces went back to my In Law's, the boy and I had a busy morning of errands and then we met up with friends at a public pool for more swimming. By the time I got home, I did not have the energy or the inclination to cook a meal. The boy and I have had a hectic couple of days, and I just wasn't prepared to come home and figure out what eat. So, the husband and I made an executive decision to let someone else do the cooking. I was dying for some more Mexican food, so we went to a local, family-friendly Mexican restaurant. It turned out to be a perfect choice, since it was exactly what I wanted...right down to the fried ice cream for dessert. After we got home, we put the boy down to bed and the husband and I continued our mini-date night with a Wii bowling tournament, right in our living room. We had a blast, and I loved having a perfect Friday night with my two favorite guys!!!

My fun weekend continues today with a real date night with the hubs. We are getting my In Law's to babysit our son, so we can go have a dinner out by ourselves and then go see the new Harry Potter movie. Again, I am looking forward to a night off and I am ridiculously excited to have my husband all to myself for a few hours. I hear the movie is awesome, so it should be really entertaining. All in all, this is shaping up to be a great weekend!

I will be back on Sunday with my regular dinner rotation. I am still feeling "eh" so I am going to continue my light cooking duties. The good news is that I have figured out what my health "issue" is, so at least it is no longer a mystery. I still need to take it easy for a few more weeks, so more repeats are on the horizon. I will continue to post my daily meals and try to work in a couple new things here and there. For now, I am just going to enjoy my fantastic weekend!!!

No comments: