July 6, 2009

Grilled Steak, Baked Potatoes, Glazed Carrots

No real recipes to post here today, as I am not in the mood to do any extensive cooking. I think am a little blah because the long weekend is over, and it is currently 105 degrees here in Phoenix (the forecast actually indicated it would make it to 110 degrees today...no fun). It is way too hot outside to further heat up the house with my oven, so I think we will just resort to other measures of food preparation. I got a smokin' deal on some t-bone steaks left over from our local market's big, 4th of July weekend sale. Since they are already thawed and calling my name, I think I will just have the hubby grill those up for our dinner. I am not even planning on marinating the steaks, either. Just some salt, pepper, and oil; then down on the grill until medium rare. For side items, we are going to have our standard baked potato and glazed carrots. Easy-peasy!

No comments: