July 22, 2009

Jen's Italian Meatloaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli

It was the husband's birthday yesterday, so I decided to make him a dinner that he really enjoyed. This Italian meatloaf was a hit the first time around, so I thought I would make it again. I had to skip a couple ingredients, since I did not realize I was short-handed until I started cooking. The version I made last night did not incorporate green peppers or sun dried tomatoes. I must say, it was still good, but the original recipe was much better (in my humble opinion). The husband still really liked his birthday dinner, so it was really not a huge issue. Next time, I will just make sure I have everything on hand before I start cooking! I made steamed broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes to go with our meatloaf. Then, after dinner we went to my In Law's for birthday dessert. All in all, I think the hubs enjoyed his special day.

Jen's Italian Meatloaf

This is such a homey and comforting dinner! I love meatloaf!!!

No comments: