September 26, 2009

Grilled Hot Dogs, Creamy Parmesan Orzo (& Recent Meal Updates)

Last night we decided to go out for dinner to a local Mexican restaurant. We had a busy day, and I just didn't feel like cooking again. I suppose that is how it is going to go for awhile; depending on what I do during the day and how I feel afterward. It amazes me how quickly I get wiped out, energy-wise. Anyway, since we ate out yesterday, there was nothing really new to post or report.

Tonight is kinda the same way. We went out to Costco this morning and stocked up on some staples. When we got home, the husband and I worked on straightening up our pantry and picking up the house. By the time our little reorganization project was done, I was wiped out again. We decided to make an easy dinner again tonight and just grill up some regular hot dogs, served on buns. I know...nothing spectacular. To go with our hot dog feast, we are going to make an easy and yummy side dish of orzo, and then steam some frozen veggies.

Here is the link to my orzo recipe. It is truly one of my favorite side dishes!

Creamy Parmesan Orzo

Tomorrow night is another no cooking night. The family and I are going to a football party, hosted by one of the moms in my MOMS Club. There is going to be pizza and side dishes, so it should be fun for both kids and adults. I will be back on Monday with a new dinner post.

1 comment:

Sara said...

glad to hear your are feeling somewhat better, at least not nauseated by the thought of food! take care :)