December 13, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan: 12/13/09-12/19/09

The past few days have been pretty hectic around here, with all the holiday parties that we have attended. I am pretty worn out, so I think I will make this post short and sweet. The husband is giving the boy his bath tonight, so I would like to knock this post out while our kid is occupied in the tub.

This week is filled with some more meals that are either old favorites or are designed to re-purpose leftovers. I am trying desperately to use most of what we have on hand, because large grocery shopping trips are more of a hassle than a help right now. Also, with Christmas and the impending birth of our twins coming up, I am trying to stick as closely to our budget as possible. Streamlining our food expenses is a great way to do that, without sacrificing too much elsewhere. I find that I get a weird satisfaction out of using what we already have in our pantry and freezer without buying many extras. It makes me feel very "economically savvy" (that is a much nicer way of saying "cheap", "frugal", or "thrifty").

Weekly Menu Plan: 12/13/09 - 12/19/09:

Sunday, 12/13: Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Pan Gravy and Leftover Dressing, salad (no recipe; the husband made this for dinner)

Monday, 12/14: Jen's Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas (I have made a beef and a pork version of this dish before, but this time I am going to use chicken and then put some leftover tomatillo salsa in the sauce.)

Tuesday, 12/15: Chipotle Tamale Pie, salad (This dinner is pulling double duty, since I am bringing a meal to a friend)

Wednesday, 12/16: Jen's Double Breaded Pork Chops with Leftover Gravy & Dressing

Thursday. 12/17: Vegetarian Frittata, bread (I think I will add some mushrooms to the frittata just to see what happens)

Friday, 12/18: Jen's Spaghetti & Meat Sauce

Saturday, 12/19: Karen's Baked Pesto Salmon, roasted potatoes, & glazed carrots

No comments: