April 29, 2010

Ginger Lime Grilled Mahi Mahi

This is really just a recipe for an easy marinade that you could use on any grilled or baked fish. My mom had an old Weight Watchers cookbook (circa 1970 something...that cookbook is now long gone) that had a similar recipe in it that I used to make quite frequently when I was single. I am not sure what happened to the cookbook; and consequently, I lost track of the original recipe. After the husband and I were married, I decided to try and re-create that dish; but in doing so, I came up with this marinade for grilled fish (which I liked even better). It is simple and yummy...perfect for a light and healthy meal.
I am gonna serve my fish with some glazed carrots and wild rice. I am debating on a salad, too....but we will see how it goes at dinner time. Yum! I love fish, so I am looking forward to this meal.

Ginger Lime Grilled Mahi Mahi

Ingredients:
2-4 white fish fillets, such as mahi mahi
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of lime juice
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of coriander
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of celery salt
1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
pinch of sugar
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients together in a shallow glass baking dish or bowl. Place fish fillets and turn to coat with the marinade and cover dish with plastic wrap. Let fish marinate for 1 hour (minimum) in the fridge. (You can leave it as long as overnight, if needed). When desired marinating time is complete, remove fish from dish and discard marinade. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Grill fish to desired doneness (approximately 4 minutes per side, depending on how thick the fish is...fish is cooked when firm and flakes easily with a fork). Season with additional celery (or garlic) salt, if needed. Serve and enjoy!



The Result:
This is still one of my favorite fish preparations. It was delicious as usual, and we all cleaned our plates!

No comments: