May 13, 2010

Hot Artichoke Dip

I made this appetizer for my bible study last night, and everyone really seemed to like it. It was simple to put together; all with ingredients I already had on hand. I love appetizers that I can assemble from items that I usually keep in my fridge and/or pantry!
I thought the dip was a perfect blend of warm, creamy, deliciousness; and I tried really hard to only have a small sample. Let me tell you, it was hard to exercise self control with this dip calling my name from the kitchen!!!

Hot Artichoke Dip
Adapted from: Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook, copyright 2009

Ingredients:
2 (14 ounce) cans of artichoke hearts, drained
1 (8 ounce) block of low-fat cream cheese or Nuefchatel cheese
1 cup of mayonnaise
3 green onions, chopped
cayenne pepper to taste (I probably used 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add one can of artichoke hearts, green onions, cream cheese,cayenne pepper, and mayo into a food processor or blender. Pulse the mixture 6 or 7 times just to chop and combine the ingredients. Add in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and pulse once or twice more to mix it in. Roughly chop the artichokes from the other can into bite sized pieces, and gently fold them into the mixture. Pour the dip into an oven safe dish, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, pita triangles, raw veggies, or crackers.

No comments: