October 6, 2010

Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto

I am not feeling very verbose today, so I think I will just get right to this recipe. I lost my favorite pair of sunglasses at the gym this morning, and I am very sad about it. Hopefully, someone will turn them in. I hate it when I lose stuff! Boo!!!

In other news, this was a fantastic dinner choice!!!

Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto
From: Everyday Food magazine, May/June 2003

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (6 ounces each)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 ounces goat cheese
4 dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (3 tablespoons)
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mint Pesto (see below for recipe)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket about 4 inches long.

In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup almonds with the goat cheese and apricots. Stuff each breast with 1/4 of the mixture. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

On a plate, combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Dip each breast into egg, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven; bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot with pesto on the side.

***********************************************

Mint Pesto
From: Everyday Food magazine, May/June 2003

Ingredients:
3 cups lightly packed fresh mint
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt

Directions:
In a food processor, combine mint and almonds; process until finely chopped.

With motor running, gradually pour oil through the feed tube. Season with salt. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.



The Result:
Do yourself a favor and make this chicken and pesto soon. Also, if you happen to find my favorite sunglasses please let me know. ;)

UPDATE: Someone did find my sunglasses at the gym and turned them in!!! Yipee!

No comments: