October 10, 2010

Stolen Chicken Marsala

Apparently, this dish was originally entitled "Stolen Chicken Marsala", because my friend, Claire's friend, Steph had pinched this recipe from her mother. Did you follow that? I swiped it off of Claire's blog, so I only thought it fitting to keep the original title intact. This chicken was so easy and absolutely freakin' delicious!!!! I am so glad that a Claire's friend, Steph decided to lead an illicit life of crime...if only for the sake of this one recipe.

Stolen Chicken Marsala

Ingredients:
2 lbs. chicken, pounded even
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flour
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
1 cup marsala wine

Directions:
Mix all ingredients (except chicken and marsala). Dredge chicken. Heat 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter in frying pan. Saute meat and chicken about 1 minute until brown. Place chicken pieces in a baking dish. Add 1 cup marsala wine to frying pan remains and deglaze the pan. Pour over the chicken, and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.



The Result:
I was shamelessly licking the sauce out of the pan! It was THAT good. I did have to amend the recipe because I ran out of marsala wine. Oops! I had 1/2 cup left, so I supplemented the other 1/2 cup needed with some chicken stock. The sauce was still delicious and marsala-y, however if I had the appropriate amount of wine available I would have just used it for the whole cup. Either way, the quick substitution was great in a jiffy, and the chicken was still utterly scrumptious. I did a quick roast of some halved, fresh Brussel sprouts to complete our meal (just some olive oil, salt, and pepper tossed with the sprouts, then cooked in a 450 degree oven for 5-10 minutes) and our dinner turned out to be completely satisfying!

1 comment:

Claire said...

You didn't tell me you had tried it! I'm glad you liked it...I thought it was so tasty and really easy!