November 2, 2010

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

I brought dinner to a friend last night, and decided to bake some cookies to go along with their meal. I have the allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner app on my iPhone, so I did a search for cookies and came up with these beauties. I had everything on hand, so I didn't even need to take an extra trip to the store (I love it when that happens). Of course, we saved some cookies for ourselves and they were a big hit with my family. Really, there is so much chocolate...what is not to love!?!?!?!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted From: allrecipes.com; Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies I by Kathy

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup of shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.In large bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

The Result:
These cookies are definitely not to be considered as "health food", but they're oh sooooo good. They are really decadent and rich and chocolaty and yummy. Ohhhh, coooookies!

No comments: