May 13, 2011

Beef and Bean Lettuce Wraps

Have you noticed a common theme to my meals this week? What about a new tag...have you noticed that??? No? Well, that's okay...the husband didn't notice either. I have been doing Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet for the past week. I decided to try it since I have literally been stuck at a weight loss plateau for about five months now. Enough is enough! I decided to shake things up a bit with my body and get the scale moving back in the right direction. The beauty of South Beach is that it is not far off from how we normally eat. I just needed to get the family on board. The husband is really skeptical of any "diet" plan, so I decided to just make the recipes and not really tell him what I was doing. He loved every one of my new SBD-friendly meals, but then made a face when I told him that we were going to continue on Phase 1 of South Beach for another week. Sheesh. MEN!!! Anyway, if you see the new tag SBD Phase 1 (or subsequently SBD Phase 2 or SBD Phase 3) you will now know that the recipe I am posting is friendly for that particular stage of the SBD. I must say, I am loving it! It seems it was just what I needed to break through my plateau and get my weight loss efforts going again.

Anyway, this is another SBD recipe that I found online, and it was quite easy to put together and very yummy. We love any type of Tex-Mex or Mexican-inspired recipes, so this was a total hit!

Beef and Bean Lettuce Wraps
From: Food.com; By: Celeste :) on February 20, 2008

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
1/2 cup mild salsa
1/2 cup water
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
8 large lettuce leaves
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on high heat. Add steak; cook until browned, stirring frequently.

Add salsa, water, peppers, and beans; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until steak ii tender, stirring occasionally.

Spoon steak mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves; top with cheese, Roll up. Serve warm.



The Result:
South Beach Diet or no South Beach Diet, these were really good and something that I would serve again no matter what. They were pretty darn tasty!

No comments: