May 26, 2011

Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Panini

Well, I couldn't stay away from cheese for too long. I'm starting to think that I have a co-dependent relationship with cheese. Sigh. What can I say; cheese is just darn good and I need it in my life. These sandwiches were really tasty and helped fuel my cheese addiction.

Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Panini
Source: PaniniHappy.com

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 oil-packed anchovy, finely chopped
1 teaspoon lime zest (about 1 lime)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into smaller cubes
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
8-12 slices sourdough bread
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:
Add garlic and anchovies to a mini-prep food processor and pulse for a few seconds until it’s really finely chopped, almost like a paste (if you don’t have a food processor, you can always just chop the ingredients really well with a knife on a cutting board).

Add in the lime zest, parsley, tarragon, cilantro, basil, shallot, mustard and cream cheese and pulse again until well blended. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and stir in the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.

Preheat the panini grill to medium-high heat.

For each sandwich: Spread a generous amount of the cheese mixture onto one slice of bread. Close the sandwich with a second slice of bread. Brush a little olive oil on top. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes until the cheese is melted and oozy and the bread is toasted. Serve immediately and enjoy!



The Result:
I loved the flavor combo of the fresh herbs and cheeses. Yum! This is one good grilled cheese sandwich. Yes, my name is Jen B. and I am a cheese-aholic. Hello, Jen...

No comments: