May 27, 2011

Jessica's Greek Pasta Salad

I belong to a fantastic MOMS Club that really pulls together and champions one another. For example, when one of our members brings a new baby home (or in my case, babies) we all pitch in and bring meals to the new parents for two weeks. This "meal support" is such a blessing, because it gives the new parents one less thing to worry about during a huge time of transition in that respective household. Over a year ago, my friend Jessica brought this meal to us when I had our girls. It was a perfect summertime dish, that is easy to make and everyone loved. I didn't forget about it, and stored the meal idea in my recipe folder. When I was looking for easy dinners this week, this pasta salad jumped out and reminded me what a great community of friends I have in my area.

Jessica's Greek Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1-2 cooked/grilled chicken breast, sliced into bite-size pieces
1 box cooked pasta (I've done lots of shapes - bows, penne or large macaroni work well)
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1-2 stalks celery, sliced
1/3 c. red onion, chopped or sliced thin
1 tomato, diced
1 doz. kalamata olives, sliced (or really as many as you like)
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/3 - 2/3 c. Greek salad dressing (however dressing-y you like it)

Directions:
Mix all of the above in a large bowl and salt/pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!



The Result:
See!!!! I told you this was easy! This salad is so yummy and light. I used rotini whole wheat pasta and my kids especially loved it. The baby girls actually cried for more. The beauty of this dish is that it can be prepared ahead of time, and the longer it rests the more the flavors marry and intermingle. It makes quite a bit, so there is plenty leftover for lunches the next day. Hooray!!!

No comments: