May 9, 2011

Tuna Salad

Here is a different take on tuna salad that my friend, Claire posted on her blog. The idea is to serve it over salad greens for lunch; but I think it would make great sandwich filling, too. I love, love, love tuna salad...so I am excited to have a new twist on an old favorite.

Tuna Salad
Adapted From: the Cooking Claire blog

Ingredients:
2 cans tuna in water, drained
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 cup light mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 green onion, chopped
2 dashes Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp Tony Chachere's seasoning
4 cups spring mix greens
1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar
salad greens
grape tomatoes (optional)
salt and pepper (optional)


Directions:

Combine all ingredients except greens and vinegar. Mix together. Split greens between two plates, divide tuna mixture in half and place on greens. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.



The Result:
This tuna salad does not disappoint! I think it might be my new favorite way to have tuna salad. Although, that could just be the balsamic vinegar talking. I swear I could drink balsamic vinegar as a beverage (okay, maybe not)...I heart it so much. I topped my salad with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper, some grape tomatoes, and a few splashes of my beloved balsamic. Let me say, YUM. It was great, and something that I am going to put into my permanent lunch repertoire.

No comments: