May 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Muffins

I'm getting tired of typing, so I will keep this short. This is another recipe I found for my "make-ahead" breakfast/lunch project I started today. I was skeptical because of the lack of flour; but I must say, these turned out really tasty. Yum!

Peanut Butter Muffins
From: food.com, #293500; By Giordana on March 21, 2008

Ingredients:
1/2 cup egg white
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Melt peanut butter in microwave for 1 minute or until smooth.

Mix all ingredients together.

Pour into mini muffin cups (24 cup tray) or divide among a regular muffin tin (6 cup tray), and bake 15 minutes.



The Result:
I opted to make 6 bigger muffins, instead of the minis. These are so good, and I didn't really miss the flour at all.

No comments: