October 5, 2011

Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan and Herbs

Hi! How are you??? I'm fine, thanks for asking. Um, you may have noticed I've been a little absentee on the blog lately. Yeah, sorry about that. I do have a perfectly legitimate excuse(s), though. We moved. We didn't have the Internet. We were living in total chaos for about two and a half weeks. That's it...but I'm back now. I didn't cook for almost all of the two-ish weeks we were moving. I had packed up my kitchen stuff early on, so we got a lot of take out and fast food for our evening meals during the moving mayhem. Yuck. Can I tell you how tired I am of take-out and fast food???? Soooo unbelievably burnt out!

I couldn't wait to get my new kitchen settled and start cooking healthy meals again. Thankfully, I got the new kitchen put together rather quickly, and I am now getting back into a regular dinner routine. The only downside is that I can't find my camera, so meal photos are out until I get to the moving box with my precious SLR. You will just have to imagine how our dinner looks until I locate it.

I can only remember two new recipes so far, but I feel like I may be forgetting something. Hopefully, whatever I'm forgetting will be on the camera and I can jog my memory when I find it. Yeesh. Here is an easy tilapia recipe that I found on the Whole Foods Market app for iphone (it's also on the website). I seem to remember having a dish similar to this one at one point, but I'm not sure when/where/why/how. The flavors were very familiar to me. Although this tilapia meal is not super-original, it was darn tasty and I had all the ingredients on hand. Overall, I would say this fish recipe was a crowd-pleaser!

Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan and Herbs
From: Whole Foods Market website and app for iphone, recipe #2243

Ingredients:
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Juice and zest of one small lemon (about 2 tablespoons juice)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 (6 to 8 ounce) farm-raised tilapia fillets

Directions:
Combine 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese with remaining ingredients (except fish). Coat fillets with mixture and place in baking dish or shallow platter and let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat broiler. Transfer fillets to a foil-lined broiler pan. Spoon a few tablespoons marinade on top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 8 minutes.

The Result:
As I said before, I don't have a proper photo. This was a really satisfying version of this dish...mild white fish in a creamy sauce. I think the hint of tarragon made the dish especially unique. We served our fish and sauce with brown rice pilaf and a side salad. It was quite a tasty dinner!

No comments: