October 5, 2011

Spinach Feta Quesadillas

We had mixed reviews on this dish. I loved it, but the husband and kids were "meh" about it. I think it was the feta...feta is hotly contested at my house. I think I will save this recipe as a solo lunch idea for myself, instead of a family dinner. I figure it's my blog and I really liked it, so I'm gonna post it. Ha!

Spinach Feta Quesadillas
From: ClosetCooking.com via Cooking Claire blog

Ingredients:
1/2 cup spinach (steamed and squeezed to drain)
1 tablespoon herbs (chopped, I used mint and parsley)
1 green onion (sliced)
1 handful feta (crumbled)
salt and pepper to taste
2 (8 inch) tortillas
2 handfuls kasseri or mozzarella or jack (grated)

Directions:
1. Mix the spinach, herbs, green onions, feta, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
3. Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter and repeat with the second tortilla.
4. Sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla followed by the filling and then more cheese and finally the other tortilla.
5. Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted. (I placed a plate onto the quesadilla and flipped it from the pan to the plate and then slid it back into the pan.)

The Result:
I say yum! Note that the quantities listed for the ingredients yield only 1 quesadilla. Increase your quantities as needed for as many as you are putting together.

No comments: