May 7, 2012

Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken


My weight has been slowly creeping back up by a few pounds here and there. It's gotten to be about 15 lb. gain so far, and it's enough to make me say ENOUGH! I've really not been paying much attention to what or how I've been eating, so it really is understandable. Also, I've been starving since this whole swim/bike/run thing has taken over my life. Luckily, this is the last week before my triathlon and my training is officially over. I can start to focus again on building muscle/weight training and eating smaller portions. To kickstart my efforts, I worked a few low-carb, healthy meals into the rotation this week. (I can't go totally no carb, because it ends up doing more harm than good for me.) This chicken marinade recipe was really tasty and easy to put together. This is a great summertime recipe, as well--not too heavy. All in all, I would put this down in the 'win' column. This was the perfect dinner to get me headed in the right direction.

Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken
From: bettycrocker.com via Pinterest

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small jalapeƱo chile, seeded, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)

Directions:
1.To make marinade, in shallow glass or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except chicken.

2.Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.

3.Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).


No comments: