September 3, 2008

Chipotle Copycat Lime Rice

I found this recipe to serve with my fajitas. I will let you know if it is as good as it's namesake.

Chipotle Copycat Lime Rice Recipe

30 min | 5 min prep
SERVES 4

Ingredients:
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter
• 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
• 2/3 cup white basmati rice
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 lime

Directions:
1. In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
2. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
3. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.(Some people have had success with 1 cup of water, but when I've made it with 2 it worked for me).
4. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
5. Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.

© 2008 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

No comments: