September 4, 2008

The Result: Chipotle Copycat Lime Rice

The fajitas were good, as always, so there are no surprises there. However, I wanted to review the rice since we have not tried it before. The verdict???? Fan-freakin'-tastic. So, so easy and so, so good. It did taste just like the restaurant version! It was not very hard to put together, and I actually cheated a little. I was running short on time last night, so I made 2 cups of plain, old instant rice. Then, when that was finished cooking I added butter, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander. I just stirred it all together...and poof...instant copy cat rice. It was really good! It would have been awesome if I used the correct long grain rice, since that is so much better than instant rice. With the correct ingredients this recipe can only get better! Overall, I am very happy with the result. I would not hesitate to make this rice dish again.

No comments: