January 16, 2009

Jen's Chicken Pot Pie

Today I hosted my MOMS Club, "Cooking Club" event at my house. How it works is that members of my MOMS Club volunteer to host Cooking Club on a rotating, monthly basis. Whomever holds the event on a given month, chooses and demonstrates an easy recipe to make for the group. We then split up the 'sample' dish so everyone can try a little and decide if it is something they want to make on their own or not. The purpose of our meetings is to share meal ideas and explore new dishes that we can work into our normal routine. Since I hosted today, I ended up making this Chicken Pot Pie recipe. I had a six moms and a pack o' little kids come to my house for our meeting. It gets a little nuts trying to talk and be heard over all the noise, but for the most part, it is a fun event to participate in and it is something I look forward to every month.
When I host, I try to think of dishes that are pretty easy and quick to put together. Also, I usually always make more than what is needed for the 'sample', so the recipe can pull double-duty for our family dinner. That way, I don't have to cook a whole separate meal later on. Chicken Pot Pie is great because it always makes too much filling. Instead of freezing it like I normally do, I will just make a second Pot Pie for dinner. The whole thing should take about 20 minutes or less, from start to finish. I love Cooking Club days, because it puts me way ahead of the game for dinner that night. That means I have more time to watch TV...ahem!....I mean clean and do laundry. Here is the link to my previous post for this recipe. I usually just serve this on it's own, since it is pretty filling and fairly well balanced.


Jen's Chicken Pot Pie

Hooray! I love easy cooking nights!!!

No comments: