August 3, 2009

Copper River Seafood's Baked Cod & Karen's Mock Onion Potatoes

I finally feel good enough to pull together a dinner! I think the husband thought I was never going to cook again!!! We have been surviving on whatever we can scrounge up and/or fast food. My stomach just hasn't been up to snuff, with morning (all day) sickness and everything. I think the major culprit was my iron supplement, so I switched the time I take it and I am halving it. That seemed to do the trick, because today I feel pretty okay.

Anyway, I decided to make fish for dinner. I had some frozen cod out in my deep freezer and baked fish sounded pretty good. I spied this recipe on the back of the fish bag and knew it was exactly what I wanted for dinner. The cod is from a seafood company called Copper River Seafood, but I actually purchased the fish from Costco. I adapted the recipe slightly to suit my tastes, so it is not verbatim from the back of the bag. Hopefully, this recipe will turn out yummy (and tummy-friendly). I am serving this dish with a side salad and Karen's Mock Onion Potatoes (see below for recipe link). Yum! I am excited to have a real dinner.

Copper River Seafood's Baked Cod

Ingredients:
Cooking Spray
1/4 cup of mayo
1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon of prepared horseradish
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
1/4 cup of dried Italian style bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
4-5 Copper River Seafood Wild Alaskan Cod portions (6 oz. ea.)
1 Tablespoon of butter, melted
1/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, lined with a cooling rack(s), with cooking spray and set aside.

In a small bowl, combine mayo, Dijon mustard,horseradish, and lemon juice. Stir in 1/4 cup of Italian bread crumbs and 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Place fish on top of cooling rack, on the cookie sheets. Spread bread crumb mixture evenly over each piece of fish.

In a separate small bowl, combine melted butter and Panko Bread crumbs. Stir to mix thoroughly. Add 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and toss with fingers to combine. Sprinkle over the coated Cod pieces. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.


Here is the potato recipe...

Karen's Mock Onion Potatoes

These turned out really good the first time, so I am looking forward to having them again!!!



The Result:
This was pretty good. The cod itself was bland...but hey, it's cod. Cod is a bland fish. I think I will try this recipe again with a different white fish next time, but overall I am satisfied with the results!!! The potatoes were yummy again, too!

No comments: