October 19, 2009

PW's Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes

Ah...you may have noticed that I am slacking again on my postings. Sigh. Really, I am getting tired of posting the same recipes over and over again. I decided that I would spare you the repeats and just give you the new and/or really interesting stuff. For example, last night's dinner was steak fajitas. I have posted the recipe, or various links to the recipe, several times. So I ask you, why be redundant???? I am just trying to keep things fresh around here. Besides, if you really, really, really want my steak fajita recipe again, then just click on the appropriate tag on my sidebar. Otherwise, it is new and fresh and interesting from here on out, man. Whew! I am glad I got that all out. It is important that we can be honest with each other.

Anywho...

Tonight is a "I need to come up with dinner and I don't have anything thawed, and I don't really feel like cooking, but I have some cooked leftover spaghetti noodles in the fridge that I need to use up so I better do something with those" kinda nights. ('Holy run-on sentence, Batman!') Quite the dilemma, as you can see. (I am in rare form today, you will have to pardon my crazed and slightly sarcastic mood.) I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman's website, and actually emailed it to my friend, Claire to try out. Once I realized that I needed a fast and easy dinner for tonight that did not require thawing frozen items, I remembered this dish/email. Ha! Instead of Claire trying it for me...I will try it out for her. Double ha! It also helps that I have everything on hand to make it.

Are you still with me?

Okay, here is the link to PW's recipe. I don't like to re-post her stuff, because she does it so well on her website; it would be a crime for you not to see the original.

PW's Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes

As I indicated earlier, I am using already-cooked spaghetti noodles. Also, I am going to need to substitute in half & half mixed with dry evaporated milk to get the consistency and flavor of heavy cream. I don't regularly stock heavy cream, but I do have the others on hand. I find the mixture of half & half and dry milk to be a great switcharoo. I will let you know how we like this meal later on.



The Result:
Yum. This was soooooo easy and totally tasty! It was a perfect choice for a "I need to get something on the table, but don't want to spend a whole lot of time cooking" night. It was great! Simple, clean, and delicious flavors that all blended together nicely. We really liked this dish! I didn't have any fresh herbs, but it was still good without them. I can only imagine that fresh herbs would make this dish even better. I will certainly make this part of my easy cooking/vegetarian meal repertoire. Thanks again, PW!!!

No comments: