October 25, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan: 10/25-10/31 (and a bit of 'twins' news)

I have had a busy couple of weeks, so my blog has taken a backseat to life once again. Ironically, I was just reading my friend Claire's blog and she has noticed that a lot of bloggers that she follows are just not posting as frequently as they have in the past. I have also noticed that trend; and I have admittedly slowed down on my own blog, as well. For me, it seems that this time of year always gets hectic. From October 1st through the end of the year seems to move at a frantic pace. This year I have the added issue of being totally consumed with all-things "pregnancy" and "twins" related.

Speaking of twins...my husband and I found out that we are having 2 little girls to add to our family!!! We are excited and happy to report that they are developing on track and growing normally without complications, so far. Needless to say, I have been completely distracted by all things frou-frou and girly. I have also started the huge project of converting my son's old nursery to a female-friendly version. I can't say that I mind, because 'girl stuff' is so much fun!

So, to coincide with my busy schedule I have kinda developed a new way to handle the ol' blog here. I don't want to let it fall by the wayside completely, but I am having a hard time posting every day. As I mentioned before, I am just going to post complete versions of 'new/never tried before' recipes (with photo and review, as usual). For weeks that I don't have anything new slated on the menu plan (like this week), I think I will just do a weekly post with my menu plan and link back to the recipes I am using for that week's dinners. We will see how that works, and maybe revise the format again later, if needed. So, this post will be the only one that you see from me for the week, unless I make changes and sneak something new in the mix. I am thinking that this new style will just be more efficient. I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Weekly Menu Plan: 10/25/09-10/31/09

Sunday 10-25: Faux Niman Ranch Burgers, baked potatoes, glazed carrots

Monday 10/26: Dinner Out

Tuesday 10/27: Homemade Margherita-Style Pizza (with Mushrooms), salad with homemade dressing (vegetarian meal)

Wednesday 10/28: Falafel Pitas with Tzatziki sauce (vegetarian meal)

Thursday 10/29: Cooking Light's Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice, salad with homemade dressing

Friday 10/30: Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken, sweet potato fries, green beans

Saturday 10/31: Dinner Out...Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Just stopping in to send good wishes and say CONGRATULATIONS on the twins!! So exciting!! I hope you are feeling good and wish you all the best. :o)