October 29, 2009

Revised Weekly Menu Plan: 10/25-10/31

Just when I think I have everything figured out...BAM!...something throws a monkey wrench into my plans! The boy, husband, and I have all come down with a mysterious illness that may or may not be H1N1. What we have is mild flu-like symptoms, that could or could not be the afore-mentioned virus. Since we have had our seasonal flu shots, and since I am pregnant, our medical providers are treating our collective case as H1N1...although, it is not bad enough to be formally tested. I have been put on Tamiflu as a precaution, and subsequently,I am feeling pretty decent despite my flu-like symptoms.

So, I can almost anticipate what you are probably thinking. What does this have to do with my menu plan for the week, you ask??????

Well, we basically scraped the last part of our weekly meal plan and have been playing it by ear since Tuesday. So, you will probably see a lot of repeat dinners that we were supposed to have this week, on next weeks menu plan. At least, carry-over meals means that I have a light grocery list this week. In the meantime, I have substituted a big pot of Hungarian Mushroom Soup and another big pot of Jen's Spicy Beef Chili into the mix. One night was Breakfast for Dinner, too...that was our low point.

So, stay tuned for next weeks meal plan that will certainly have a familiar ring to it.

No comments: