October 11, 2009

Sour Cream Banana Bread

It seems that I always have three overripe bananas on hand when I think of this recipe. I was re-reading the original post from this quick and easy bread, and I indicated in my commentary that I had three overripe bananas to use. Well, that is certainly the case again today. I don't know...it struck me as a little funny. Since the boy likes to help me bake, I figured this was a good way to use my three bananas and entertain my son at the same time. Nothing like a little project to get us through mid-morning.

Sour Cream Banana Bread

This recipe is great, since I usually have everything on hand for it. The sour cream really keeps the bread moist and delicious, and delivers a little bit of a tangy flavor. Yum! This has become my go-to banana bread recipe, for sure.

Jen's Notes:
I did not have any walnuts on hand today, so I just substituted sliced almonds. I think pecans would also work nicely.

No comments: