January 4, 2010

Jen's Easy Shrimp Pasta Alfredo

This is one of those "oh crap, I need to get dinner on the table because it is already 5 o'clock" type of dinners. It is so easy I am hesitant to even post it. I am talking seriously easy. In fact, it was so easy I didn't even take a photo of the finished product because it feels so much like a non-recipe of sorts. I know you are all on the edge of your seats with a build-up like that...

Without further comment, here is my ridiculously easy (read: CHEATER) version of Shrimp Pasta Alfredo.

Jen's Easy Shrimp Pasta Alfredo

Ingredients:
1/2 bag of frozen, medium sized shrimp; thawed, peeled and deveined
1/2 of an onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
dash of Worcestershire sauce
dash of hot sauce (I used Frank's Hot Sauce)
1 jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce (I used Trader Joe's)
cooked pasta of your choice (I used 1/2 of a package of whole wheat thin spaghetti)

Directions:
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until tender and slightly brown. Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta according to package directions and set aside. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Add jar of Alfredo sauce stirring to incorporate. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce to taste. Stir and when mixture is warmed through, turn of heat. Add cooked pasta to Shrimp Alfredo sauce. Mix well with tongs to combine. Plate and serve.

No comments: