January 31, 2010

Weekly Menu Plan: 01/31/10 - 02/06/10

It's been 'more of the same' around here this week, and I am still feeling pretty sub par. I have a few new recipes sprinkled in throughout the week that I am hoping to try; but happily, none too labor-intensive. Yada, yada, yada...I think that will do it for my weekly commentary. Can you tell that I am a woman who is tired of being pregnant and not even in the mood to type???? Sigh. At least I am not a total slacker, I did change my blog background to give everyone something new to look at. ;) What the heck...I will add a few random comments to each menu item, so you don't feel entirely cheated out of my thoughts for the week.
I have approximately four more weeks to go (with fingers crossed), and I am looking forward to moving on to the next stage of motherhood. For now, here is what we are planning for dinner this week...

Weekly Menu Plan: 01/31/10 - 02/06/10

Sunday, 01/31/10: Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwiches

(My mother in law brought us some prepared chicken salad and mini croissants that she had leftover from a church function, so we just called that our Sunday night meal.)

Monday, 02/01/10: Claire's Shepard's Pie

(This is a new (to us) recipe. We have some leftover mashed potatoes that need to be used, so I thought that this would be a good application. I have never made a Shepard's Pie before, but it looks totally easy and I have everything on hand for it.)

Tuesday, 02/02/10: Jen's Easy Green Chile Pork Enchiladas

(Again, I am using leftovers...pork roast from our Saturday night Green Chile Pork Roast feast.)

Wednesday, 02/03/10: Broiled Tilapia Parmesan, orzo, roasted broccoli

(I have only tried this dish once before, with good reviews. Hopefully, it will be a hit the second time around.)

Thursday, 02/04/10: Sandwich night! Grilled Cheese and Tomato sammies, tater tots, and roasted cauliflower

(My son is gonna love this dinner! This is as kid-friendly as it gets, I think. Just in case you are wondering...my lactose issues are improving, but I will probably still skip the cheese on my sandwich.)

Friday, 02/05/10: Roasted Chicken Thighs, Trader Joe's Piccata Simmer Sauce over pasta, glazed carrots

(This was a holdover from last week's menu. I needed to bump it in lieu of the pork roast that needed to be used right away. There is really no "recipe" involved, since this dinner barely qualifies as cooking. I plan to just do a simple roast on the chicken (with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice), add some jarred sauce to pasta/veggies and call it a night.)

Saturday, 02/06/10: Ina's Indonesian Ginger Chicken, brown rice, stir fry steamed veggie medley

(This is another new recipe. My friend Claire recently made this Barefoot Contessa dish and loved it. I will agree, it sounds delicious!)

No comments: