February 11, 2009

Jen's Double Breaded Pork Chops

I have had a busy morning decorating a Valentine's Day box and writing out cards for our MOMS Club V-Day party that is tomorrow. Each kid personalizes a mailbox or bag, then delivers his or her cards to all the other kids. Normally, the kids would decorate their own boxes, but my little guy is almost three years old, and not into sitting still for a craft project. Sometimes he will color or do stickers, but it lasts 5 minutes tops. So, I reconnected with my childhood today, and I finished his box and cards. It totally reminded me of doing them for myself back in elementary school. I had fun reliving my youth! My son was happy as a clam, because while I was busy, he basically watched a ton of TV all morning. Seldom does that happen at our house. I try to limit the daily TV intake to no more than 2 hours a day, but some days (like today) I let that rule slide. The TV was a great distraction and he loved getting spoiled by the Disney channel. Don't worry...we are going to the park this afternoon so he can blow off some steam. I figure I do plenty of other activities with him, so a little TV time once in a while is okay. Besides, I am not competing for Mother of the Year or anything.

Since I plan to take the boy to the park after nap time today, I want an easy dinner to put together. This is one of my standard recipes that I can basically assemble with my eyes closed. I came across some pork chops that needed to be used when I reorganized my outside freezer yesterday, so I thought this dish would be good for tonight's dinner. I will probably just serve it with some basic baked potatoes and some steamed veggies...the usual. My meal plan got goofed up earlier in the week, so I am kinda winging it until Saturday night. I have a really good stock of food in my pantry, freezer, and fridge, so at least I will be able to just make things out of my staples. I hope to be caught up and back on my meal planning track by Sunday.

Jen's Double Breaded Pork Chops

This is one of the husbands favorite dinners, so he will be excited for this meal!

No comments: