November 15, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan: 11/15/09-11/21/09

This past week went pretty smoothly for the designated menu plan, with the exception of only having to skip one dinner in lieu of eating with friends. Last night, we decided to have dinner out, so the new crab cake recipe has been put on the back burner for awhile. Anyway, the crab cakes have copious amounts of cream cheese in the dish; which won't work for me right now.

Speaking of cream cheese...I made another important discovery over the past week or so. I have figured out that I have an aversion to dairy products. I swear that this darn pregnancy is throwing me all kinds of curve balls!!! Never before have I had issues with dairy, but these babies have brought on a sensitivity to all things with lactose in them. Ugh. It seems like I can tolerate dairy items in very small doses, so I have had to come up with a menu plan that is pretty light on the dairy. I have two dinner choices this week with cheese, but I think I will just monitor the amount of cheese on my portion and see how that works out. After all, I am not ready to give it up completely.

As far as new recipes this week, I think my son and I are going to try out some gingerbread man cookies. I was inspired by the cover of the current issue of Family Circle magazine, and I even bought a special cookie cutter to try out. I am not the world's best baker/cookie decorator...so we will see how it goes!

Weekly Menu Plan: 11/15/09-11/21/09

Sunday 11/15: Claire's Chicken and Yellow Rice with Black Beans & Family Circle Gingerbread Men

Monday 11/16: Jen's Veggie Parmesan & salad

Tuesday 11/17: Karen's Baked Pesto Salmon with Roasted Potatoes & roasted asparagus

Wednesday 11/18: Jen's Bean Tostadas

Thursday 11/19: Claire's Pot Roast: Jen's Variation

Friday 11/20: Jen's Chicken Tortilla Soup

Saturday 11/21: Ina's Linguine with Shrimp Scampi

1 comment:

Claire said...

Sounds like a yummy week for dinners at your house! I wasn't thinking about the cream cheese in the crab cakes. Bummer, I was curious to see what you thought of them.